woensdag 27 mei 2009

27-05-2009


I've got the normalization to work in visual basic. I've had some difficulties mainly because i had the wrong formula's... I've tested the normalized image with the current grassHistogram.hist and it seems to work a lot better than yesterday(look at the picture, red is freespace and white dots are the detected edges). I've also tried to get the newest version of the grassHistogram and i've created a few methods in Gideons free space detection software in order to do this. I've emailed Tijn about how to create the Histogram file because Gideon didn't know that. The current histogram is working pretty good with the normalized image so getting the updated version is not my priority right now.

The Rangefinder can now find the free space in a picture which is what I want. However it isn't very clean at the moment, it still have some measure errors. I should find out if this isn't a problem for the scanmatching and SLAM algorithms. I can do this later when i've got the full system operational.

I've still got 2 things to do right now:

1) Figure out the pixel to meters formula
2) Convert the omnicam ranges to laserrangedata and notify the lasersensor

usarsim.ini tells me the specs of the OmniP2DX and Arnoud says he estimates the height of the camera and image to be 1.20 meters.

I've implemented the omnicamranges conversion to laserrangedata. It seems to work for now eventhough i've put all the ranges on 20 meters, it is just for testing because i haven't figured out the pixel to meters formula yet. I've implemented it so that it calls the Manifold.ProcessLaserRangeData directly. I've also disabled the laserrangesensor for the SLAM methods, The laserrangesensor will just pop off it's laserrangedata but it will not be used for anything.

If I want to fully test if my implementation works I really need to figure out the pixel to meters formula because that is the only thing I can do right now.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten