vrijdag 5 juni 2009

05-06-2009



I've been working on trying to clean up the omnicam map. I've noticed something very important with the pixel-to-meters formula. It works very accurately on small distances. I've found out that it can create great maps when the maximum distance it can measure is set to 2.5 meters. I haven't tried higher distances yet but the higher it gets the noisier the map becomes.
The two maps above here are made by the omnicam and laser respectively.

The two created maps above are created by the omnicam and laser respectively.
The omnicam isn't creating any new patches when it rotates(it can already look 360 degrees), I've also set the maxerrormeasurement distance a bit higher(factor 1.5) than by the laserscanner.

As you can see the omnicam can make a pretty accurate map if it only measures small distances. However you can also see that it doesn't classify as free space, this is some kind of side effect of this approach. You can also see that the laserscanner is a bit unaccurate but this is mostly because of the long distances, it has a bit of the same problem. However it classifies more free space compared to the omnicam.

I don't know if it is valid to limit the measureddistance ranges for the omnicam, it has it's advantages but of course the disadvantages is that it cannot look far. I should find other techniques instead of this one, I guess I can use this one as a backup though.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten